So, what’s cooking? Same ol’, same ol’? Is monotony getting to you and you’re running out of ideas of how to make nutritious food taste yummy too? We understand, so we’re back with our recipe of the month – this time with all the goodness of Slim Rice. It’s easy, quick to make and great to taste. By the way, have you checked out our cookbook, Cook Yourself Slim, yet? Those of you who have know how useful it is – yummy recipes, easy exercises, food facts and so much more. For those of you who haven’t, you can order our cookbook here! Here you are then; another yummy, gluten-free recipe!
- 1 pack (200g) Slim Rice
- 4 medium bell peppers, tops cut off, and deseeded
- 1 tbsp olive oil, extra for spraying
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 mushrooms, sliced
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp capers
- 8 olives, pitted and chopped
- 100g feta cheese, crumbled
- 4 stalks fresh parsley
- 6 large tomatoes, chopped
- Parmesan or Romano cheese (optional), for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Prepare the Slim Rice as per package instructions (drained and rinsed).
- Lightly spray peppers with oil, sprinkle salt and bake for 10 mins. Remove to cool.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large pan or skillet over medium heat. Sauté garlic, onions, mushrooms and Italian seasoning until softened (3 mins). Add tomatoes, cook till softened. Add salt and sugar to taste.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine rice, capers, olives, feta cheese, parsley and half the tomato sauce.
- Fill the peppers with rice mixture, place them in a baking tray, pour the remaining sauce around peppers. Bake until peppers are a light brown.
- Serve with grated parmesan or romano cheese.