Smoothies are delicious meals you can drink. They’re nutritious fillers that combine a number of ingredients you would not eat otherwise in the course of a day. The fruit that goes into a smoothie give you the vitamins and minerals you need. Here’s a yummy recipe you can whip up to kickstart your day.
This hearty mix has cooked oatmeal and enough protein to fill you up and keep you satisfied till lunchtime. Oatmeal is a great source of complex carbohydrates that will give you the sustained energy you need to keep you going all morning. We’ve used a ripe mango in our smoothie, but the recipe works well with other fruits as well. Just go ahead and experiment!
Serves: 6 Prep time: 1 minute Cook time: 1 minute
- Ripe bananas – 2
- Rolled oats – 40 g
- Slim Rice/Noodles – 1 pack (200 g)
- Whole milk (or non dairy alternative) – 2 cups (400 ml)
- Mango (if in season) – 1
- Chia seeds (optional) – 2 tbsp
- Nutmeg powder – a pinch
- Drain and rinse the Slim Rice/Noodles well
- Follow the instructions on the package to cook
- Put all the ingredients into a blender-jar
- Blend until smooth
- Add a little water if too thick for your liking