Flex your way to fitness!
World Yoga Day just passed us by last week. In case you missed this opportunity to put that bright blue yoga mat to good use, don’t worry. We’ve got your back. And your neck and your joints. Here are a few easy to do poses that would help you discover the magic of yoga. Happy stretching! The Mountain
- Stand straight with both your feet together, shoulders relaxed and arms by your sides.
- Inhale deeply and raise your hands toward the celling, palms facing each other (like the Indian Namaste).
- Slowly bring your arms down while exhaling.
- Repeat 10 times.
- Start on all fours with hands directly under shoulders, knees under hips.
- Now bring your hands a little further from your shoulders and spread your fingers.
- Slowly bring your hips toward the ceiling, transforming your body into an inverted V.
- Your feet should be hip-width apart without bending your knees too much.
- Hold this position for 5 full slow breaths.
- Stand straight with arms by your sides.
- Now shift your center of gravity weight onto your left leg and place the sole of your right foot inside left thigh.
- Once you’ve found your balance, slowly inhale and extend your arms over your shoulders.
- Hold this pose for about 30 seconds (or whatever duration you’re comfortable with).
- Exhale and lower your arms. Repeat the pose, this time by balancing on your right feet.
- Lie facedown on your mat floor with your thumbs directly under shoulders, legs extended with the tops of your feet on the floor.
- Press shoulders down and away from ears.
- Push through your fingers and raise your chest.
- Relax and repeat.