- Place the beef bones, water, onions, ginger, star anise, cinnamon, peppercorns, cloves and coriander seeds in a large soup pot over high heat. Bring to boil, then decrease the heat to very low and simmer for 3 hrs, skimming the surface occasionally with a slotted spoon. The liquid should reduce by half.
- Prepare the Slim Pasta Spaghetti as per package instructions (drained and rinsed). Cut spaghetti roughly in 5cm lengths with a kitchen scissors.
- Remove from heat and strain through a fine mesh sieve into a clean pot. Remove and reserve any meat from the bones and discard the remaining solids.
- Place the soup over high heat and bring to boil. Add the spaghetti, fish sauce and lime juice and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place a few sliced beef and any reserved meat from bones into serving bowls. Ladle the soup into bowls, and top with bean sprouts, spring onions, chillies, mint and coriander, serve hot with lime wedges.
302cal Cooking Slim Spaghetti
450 cal Cooking Regular Spaghetti
148cal Excess Calorie Saving
- 1 pack Slim Pasta Spaghetti
- 1kg beef bones
- 3 litres cold water
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 5cm piece ginger, thinly sliced
- 5 star anise
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tsp back peppercorns
- 5 whole cloves
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- 2 tbsp Thai fish sauce
- 2 tbsp lime juice + wedges, to serve
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 250g beef fillet steak, very thinly
- 100g bean sprouts
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- ½ cup fresh mint leaves
- ½ cup coriander leaves
- 1 red chilli, thinly sliced