Skip to content
- Fry onion in olive oil until softened but not browned, set aside.
- Mix pork with eggs, seasoning, garlic, parsley, and 2 to 3 tbsp breadcrumbs. With wet hands, shape the mixture into meatballs about the size of large olives, roll in the remaining breadcrumbs. Gently reheat the onion and oil mix and fry the meatballs for about 2 minutes to seal.
- Drain of any excess oil and add passata and chopped mixed herbs. Simmer together for about an hour, stirring frequently. Add chopped green peppers just before the next steps.
- Prepare the Slim Pasta as per package instructions (drained and rinsed).
- Add pasta to the meat and sauce. Mix gently.
- Serve and garnish with basil.
- 1 pack (200g) Slim Pasta Spaghetti/Penne
- 60ml olive oil
- ½ green pepper, cut into small squares
- ½ onion, chopped
- 225g minced pork
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 clove garlic, chopped finely
- Fresh basil leaves, roughly torn
- 3 to 4 tbsp fine, dry breadcrumbs
- 375ml of passata
- Handful mixed fresh herbs, chopped finely