From Breakfast to Dinner: A Week of Slimming Meals
From lack of motivation to slow progress, the weight loss journey can be a difficult one. Here at Calorie Watchers, we’re determined to make the slimming process as enjoyable as possible for you. We’ve curated this fun food guide to ensure you’re benefiting from tasty, carb-free food all week long from breakfast to dinner time! Read on to discover the benefits of a healthy, balanced diet and unlock some tasty slimming meals to sustain you on a weekly basis.
The importance of a healthy, balanced diet
Growing up, the importance of eating rich and nutritious food was drilled into most of us. However, it’s totally normal to need a little reminder every now and then - here are the many benefits of a healthy and balanced diet:
Heart and circulatory diseases cause a quarter of all deaths in the UK. That’s more than 160,000 deaths each year - an average of 460 deaths each day or one every three minutes. Physical activity and healthy eating can significantly reduce the risk of developing heart disease. This entails:
- eating plenty of vegetables, fruits, and whole grains
- choosing fat-free or low fat dairy products, fish, poultry, beans, nuts, and vegetable oils
- limiting saturated and trans fat intake, such as fatty meats and full-fat dairy products
- limiting drinks and foods that contain added sugars
- restricting sodium intake to less than 2,300 milligrams per day - ideally 1,500 mg daily - and increasing consumption of potassium, magnesium, and calcium
Reduced cancer risk
A healthy diet can also reduce your risk of developing cancer. Foods that can help protect your cells from damage include:
- berries, such as blueberries and raspberries
- dark, leafy greens
- pumpkin and carrots
- nuts and seeds
Remember, having obesity may increase a person’s risk of developing cancer and result in poorer outcomes. Maintaining a moderate weight may reduce these risks.
The relationship between diet and mood is incredibly close. Research has identified that diets with a high glycemic load may trigger increased symptoms of depression and fatigue in people who have obesity but are otherwise healthy. This is why it’s important to stay mindful of what you’re consuming - eating healthily has a profoundly positive impact on both your mental and physical health.
A balanced diet will allow you to maintain a moderate weight. This will help reduce the risk of chronic health issues and support you in feeling more confident in your body image. Contrary to popular belief, changing your diet doesn’t mean compromising on taste or giving up food you love. Read on to find out how to eat delicious, carb-free meals from morning to night all week long.
Breakfast slimming meals
The path to a healthy and happy body begins at breakfast. This essential meal sets the tone for the rest of the day, so it’s important to ensure you’re consuming nutrient-rich foods that allow you to lose weight by helping you feel full for longer. These morning essentials are guaranteed to kickstart your day:
A popular breakfast choice, smoothies are a great way to obtain a concentrated dose of nutrients in addition to accelerating the weight loss process. You’ll be able to tailor ingredients to meet your preferences - whether you’re after a breakfast super-shake or green goodness delight, you’ll be able to find a low-carb option to start your day off right. Why not try adding our Slim Noodles or Slim Pasta Spaghetti in the blender along with your choice of fruits, greens and liquid to keep the healthy vibes going?
Anything involving eggs
Eggs are a powerhouse of nutrition, with a wealth of important vitamins and minerals, such as selenium and riboflavin. Thanks to their high protein content, eggs may reduce appetite when eaten with breakfast to give weight loss a serious boost. From poached eggs on toast to omelettes, the possibilities are endless - what a great way to lose weight without compromising on taste!
Begin the day on the right note with a healthy porridge option. Protein powder is - as you’ve probably guessed - high in protein and low in sugar. You could top it off with banana, chocolate chips and seeds for a delicious morning treat.
Lunches for weight loss
Lunchtime is a vital meal for everyone - it provides the energy and nutrients your body and brain need to keep them working efficiently through the afternoon. These tasty weight loss meals will make you feel better than you’ve ever felt before:
This light, flavour-filled meal is the perfect way to break up the day:
- Prepare the Slim Pasta Penne as per package instructions (drained and rinsed).
- Fry the garlic and chilli in olive oil until they are slightly blackened. Discard the chilli and add tomatoes to the pan. Season with salt and simmer for 20 minutes. (Optional – add a tsp of sugar to enhance the flavour of tomatoes)
- In an open pan, dry fry the penne for 2 minutes. This will heat the penne and remove any surface water.
- Pour over the sauce and mix together, add basil.
- Garnish with parsley and enjoy.
Gazpacho is a cool and refreshing soup that is filled with plenty of nutrients:
- Cut three slices of bread into small cubes and set aside. Soak the remaining three slices of bread in a bowl of water for 10 minutes. Squeeze out the excess water and set aside.
- Prepare the Slim Rice as per package instructions (drained and rinsed).
- Cut a cross in the base of each tomato. Blanch in a pan of boiling water for 10 seconds. Let cool for a few mins, then slip off the skins. Chop coarsely.
- Coarsely chop one of the cucumbers, half the bell pepper, and half the onion, and add to the tomatoes.
- Process the soaked bread and garlic in a food processor until a paste forms. Add the tomatoes and coarsely chopped vegetables and process until smooth.
- With the motor running, gradually add 90 ml of oil, vinegar, lemon, and cumin. Add Slim Rice. Season with salt and pepper. Chill for at least 2-3 hrs or until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, finely chop the celery, the remaining cucumber, bell peppers, onion, keeping them separate.
- Heat a small frying pan over medium heat. Add the almonds and cook, shaking the pan until golden. Set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in the same frying pan over medium heat. Add the bread cubes and cook, tossing until golden.
- Serve gazpacho chilled, drizzled with extra oil, and sprinkled with the chopped vegetables, fried bread, and almonds.
Healthy dinner recipes
Dinner is the favourite meal of the day for many people and you don’t have to miss out on delicious food just because you’re on a weight loss journey. Enjoy your evening food with these delicious, low-carb recipes:
At Calorie Watchers, you can enjoy a healthy spaghetti alternative that retains all the flavours you love so much:
- Heat the olive oil in a wok or large, deep frying pan. Crumble the beef mince into the pan and stir-fry over a high heat for 2 minutes to break up the meat and brown it.
- Add the onion, carrot, celery and garlic. Stir over a medium heat for 1 minute, then add the chopped tomatoes and the pasta. Stir well, then add the oregano and seasoning. Cook over a medium heat so that the sauce boils gently, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes or until thick.
- While the sauce is cooking, drain the Slim Pasta Spaghetti and rinse 2-3 times thoroughly under running water. Boil in water for 2-3 minutes or heat in the microwave for 1 minute. Drain and turn into a warmed serving bowl.
- Taste the sauce and adjust the seasoning, then pour over the hot pasta. Toss gently and serve immediately with grated Parmesan cheese.
This flavoursome meal incorporates beloved Chinese noodles without any dreaded carbs:
- Drain Slim Noodles, rinsing 2-3 times thoroughly under running water.
- Boil in water for 2-3 minutes or heat in the microwave for 1 minute.
- Heat oil in a wok and add sliced onions and stir fry for 20-30 seconds, add all other vegetables and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper and mix well. Now add boiled noodles and mix well.
- Add vinegar, chilli sauce and soya sauce and stir-fry for a minute. Serve the vegetable chow mein hot.