- Prepare the Slim Pasta Penne as per package instructions (drained and rinsed).
- Fry the garlic and chilli in olive oil until they are slightly blackened. Discard the chilli and add tomoatoes to the pan. Season with salt and simmer for 20 minutes. (Optional – add a tsp of sugar to enhance the flavor of tomatoes)
- In an open pan dry fry the penne for 2 minutes. This will heat the penne and remove any surface water.
- Pour over the sauce and mix together, add basil.
- Garnish with parsley and enjoy.
189cal Cooking Slim Penne
552 cal Cooking Regular Penne
363cal Excess Calorie Saving
- 1 pack (200g) Slim Pasta Penne
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 to 2 dried red chillies
- 500g tinned tomatoes, chopped
- 4 to 5 large basil leaves, hand torn
- 1 tbsp fresh flat-parsely, chopped